Hillcrest Childcare is a non-profit organisation operated as a charitable trust by Hillcrest High School Community Child Care Trust.
The Centre is located at the rear of the High School grounds, off Carrington Avenue. We are close to the University of Waikato, Ruakura Research Centre and Waikato Innovation Park and close to Silverdale, Knighton and Hillcrest Primary schools. Our community is lucky enough to embrace a wide range of age groups, ethnic groups and socio-economic backgrounds.
Cool things about the centre are:
Highly qualified staff with a low adult/child ratio
Because of this we are able to spend more time with each individual child and discover their natural abilities and interests. We then have time to work together to develop their interests further.
Centre Music programme
All enrolled children are able to join our free music programme delivered through Can Do Kids Music. Children have weekly sessions with Annaleise and learn about rhythm, beat, musical instruments and singing. This is a great way to explore children’s talents and lots of fun too!
Transition to School programme
This is a way to gently prepare our older children for school. Our trained teachers encourage engagement by working together with the kids to stimulate and extend their thinking through questions, suggestions and sharing information. Children spend time working in a classroom setting and having fun with language, developing familiarity with numbers and doing short activities driven by the children’s interests. The Transition to School programme also encompasses visits out of the Centre.
Other unique features of the Centre:
- Large shaded backyard complete with adventure playground, giant sandpit, slides, ramps, swings and more
- Centre vege garden and fruit trees
- Exciting School Holiday programme with theme days such as Farm Day, Mystery Day and Wheel’s Day
- Access to the local library and walks to the local park to explore our community
- Annual Centre excursions to the zoo, the theatre and other Hamilton attractions
- A great community of parents, grandparents and other whanau
- Ample, safe, off-road parking for drop-offs and pick-ups
- Sandra Cox – Kindergarten Diploma – Registered Teacher – Manager
- Tracy Fobbester – Diploma of Teaching (NZCA) – Registered Teacher – Team Leader
- Barbara Muir – Bachelor of Education (Teaching), ECE – Registered Teacher
- Phoebe Pilli – Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Early Childhood) – Registered Teacher
- Firdos Farooqui – Bachelor of Teaching (ECE) – Registered Teacher
- Summer Harrison – Teacher in Training
- Lucie Cole – Teacher in Training
- Chrysla Ireland – Teacher in Training
- Samantha Jones – Teacher in Training
- Kate Lumsden – Office Administrator